Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pinon Hunters!

Here in NM they sell pinon out of big white van's with PINON painted in big red letters. Taylos parents were junt in town and we stopped to buy some but they wanted ALOT for just one little bag. So, Rick (Taylor's dad) decided to research how to get our own and it turns out it is not that hard So, we decided to go on a pinon nut hunt! We drove up the canyon with our blankets and bags and were ready to get our treasures! Me and Jaecie hanging out in the WOODS!!!!
Jaecie saw a bunch of rocks and of course saw the chance for a photo shoot!
Our little family.... it's an AWFUL picture of me but it's the only one we got so there you go!
The great scavergers! Sue climbed up the trees and the boys stayed down under and they all shook it together... you should have seen those nuts come flying!
This is hard to see but there are alot of pine nuts on the blanket!
Everyone picking out the nuts to put in our little bags!
Nathan just hanging out! He was hard to keep track of... he just kept running away from me (and almost falling into a catus on several occasions!)
Taylor and Rick showing off they're first pine nute that they found right when we got out of the car! We were all very excited!
Naters and Taylor
Laying out the blanket getting ready to shake all the nuts down!
The team at work....... time to shake!!
It was alot of fun and we actually got alot of nuts! We will definatly do it again!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute pictures and of course leave it to my dad to do research and figure out how to do things on his own.

Will and Michelle Ridd said...

Just had to let you know - I got my necklace & I LOVE IT!!! It's even prettier than it looked in the pictures! I am planning on writing a post about it on my blog with a link to your site because I think every girl I know should own one of your creations! Thanks!

Tonya said...

I Love pine nuts! I haven't had them in years. We'd always round them up outside of Panaca. ha ha