Monday, May 11, 2009

Calling all Dog owners.... tell me this is normal!!


Okay, so I love my little Maggie. She is a very good dog and she is definatly a part of our family... BUT she has been very naughty lately and I am at my whits end! She will be 2 in August and has been fully potty trained for a year now. She NEVER had accidents, we coudl leave her home alone for 8 hours strait without a potty break and she would hold it until we got home, until now. The past 3 weeks or so she has been having accidents, not many.... maybe one or 2 a week but it is making me so mad! Anytime it rains she is such a princess she refuses to go out and get wet so she holds it and eventually craps on my carpet! The only pattern I can see is that this has started happening ever since jaecie got her bunny. I don't think it is jelousy, the bunny really doesn't get that much attention but I am wondering if it could be from the bunny food. I catch Maggie stealing it all the time and i am wondering if it is upseting her belly and she just can't hold it. Last night was the worse, I caught her in the bunnies cage downing all the food I had just barely poures, then at 4 in the morning Jaecie comes running in yelling that Maggie has pooped on her bed (she sleeps with jaeice) I was SOOOOO MAD! This has NEVER happened. To make things worse she pooped right next to Jaecies head. She said it was the stinky smell that woke her up! In Maggies defense she had been trying to wake jaecie up for a while cuz she needed to go, Jaecie said that Maggie was crying all night and kept running back and forth so I know she was trying to hold it but still, on my daughters bed,? Next to her Pillow? So, PLEASE if you have a dog, tell me this is normal and that all dogs have set backs like this. I don't want to be mad at her but I am 5 1/2 months preggo, Nathan refuses to be potty trained (claiming he is scared of sitting on the potty) and the LAST thing I need to worry about is my dog taking a dump on my daughters head in the middle of the night! Okay, enough venting..... that's all from me for now!

2 comments:

Jill Van Ausdal said...

You know my opinion on the whole dog, bunny mess!!! How does outside dwelling sound to you? Maybe you should get a llama to add to the fun!

Kiera said...

Jasmine, did go on our carpet a couple times. It was usually when she is scared. She pooped once, and then I caught her doing it again and I scared her so bad, by yelling no at her, she has never tried it again. I don't know what to tell you. I would be furious! I hate cleaning up dog poop!