Saturday, May 2, 2009

Nathan is getting so big!.... oh yeah, and IM awsome!

So, I walked out of my room yesterday and this is what I say.... It just made me realize how big my little man is getting so I had to take a couple of pictures! Look at the concentration on that face!

He is mastering the fake smile!
So now for the Im awsome part.... We had this ugly old cherry dresser that one of Taylors old employees gave to us. I decieded that I was going to refinish it to put in Nathans room (we are giving the baby the dresser he uses now) So, I sanded it down and painted it black... Then I had the dilema of Knobs. I wanted to do something with cars but everything I found was really tacky so I decided to make my own. They aren't perfect but I think they turned out really cute, and the best part is that I already had the paper so all I had to buy were the knobs that I found at Home Depot for only $1.23! I just painted them and used a little scrap book paper and some of my favorite stuff...... Modge podge! (i dunno if thats spelled right) anyways. the pictures don't do it justice cuz they flash and I was in too big of a hurry to care but you get the idea!
Here is a close up of one of the knobs:

The final shot! Isn't it cute? Nathan is pretty excited aboout it!







7 comments:

Jill Van Ausdal said...

What a suzy homemaker you are! I am so very proud of ny daughter Megan! Great coloring Nathan ! Your a stud!!!!!

Kiera said...

That is really impressive! Good job!

janeil said...

Very crafty!! I love them and a great way to save some money! And Nathen looks sooo big! But still so cute.
Janeil

Tonya said...

That is so cute! I can't believe how big he is. I love the dresser knobs. You're so creative!

Karin said...

Good job on the dresser. Nathan is a cutie :)

Will and Michelle Ridd said...

Nice work! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That dresser turned out darling. It almost goves me the courage to do something like that. By the may, we need a belly update!